Can you believe it?2008, is almost over and what a year it has been! Remember how on the 1st of January 2008 you said you’d make a resolution of not to make a resolution because by February people are back to their old habits?LOL. Well done on finishing the book ‘London Tears’, a difficult project for you, having to meet the mothers of knife-crime victims, now that was one of the darkest weeks for you in 2008, but you wanted your work to be as real as possible and that ‘artist’ who swindled you out of your money for the cover?But don’t worry as you strongly believe in karma baby..All in all you saw it through. Remember how you found it interesting to read the Zimbabwean constitution (your friends think you’re nuts by the way) and how Papa Vixen enjoyed that conversation you two had about the constitution! The credit crunch has meant 'SALE' is your bestfriend, you've made the most of Black Friday too(those getting their presents won't even know..lol), you've wondered why it seems the world is angrier, the knife/gun crime, the suicide killings, the incest of the animal that is Fritzl, poor baby P and many more.
Gosh, now lets share a few moments of 2008.
1. Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt and Kirsty Coventry – wow, wow, wow!!
2. Nelson Mandela & Barack Obama – two first black presidents of their respective countries; one turned 90 and another is Mr President – Elect!!
3. Lee McQueen & Isaac Dankyi-Koranteng – the Apprentices 2008, one in UK and the other in Africa - Lee even though he’d been economical with truth on his cv he still got the job…hmmm and how daper was Raef on that programme?
4. Zimbabwe – the motherland, the birth place of all your dreams. The country that still pulls the strings of your heart, they voted or did they??And then had a re-run with one candidate, and then signed a coalition deal..or did they?I know you're fed up!! You wonder whether we will have our Obama – maybe a Ndebele guy lead this country – no I’m not trying to start a civil uprising…just speaking my mind(and I'm Shona thus the name ShonaVixen!). There’s the highest inflation in the world, food shortages, cholera outbreak, and these two men are playing field with such a gem of a country!They're fighting about the Ministry of Defence - hello..why not put under the council of ministers as your dearest brother 'Mdu' the brains behind NewZimbabwe suggested? Mugabe and Tsvangirai need to be arrested..Zimbabweans don't even defend Tsvangirai, he's behaving like he gone lost his marbles (sorry for the ebonics..lol)I pray that a solution is reached before the end of 2008…2009 we can do it!! One thing that you also pray for is that there is no war, thats the last thing Zimbabwe needs!
5. Vocoder Pandemic– as if T-Pain wasn’t painful enough…it seems everyone wants to do it..sigh..we already don’t think T-Pain has any talent (though you’ll find me snapping my fingers and doing the step EVERYTIME I hear that song), so you get mad when talented folks like Kanye or RKelly use that damn vocoder!! You've promised me that we will boycott any of our fave African artists who decide to follow suit..the Chipmunks version of Gongo Aso is about all we can take in..lol..
6. February 12 2008 – The Writer’s Guild of America strike came to end!!I celebrated..you’d had enough of re-runs! Gossip Girl, Ugly Betty, DirtySexyMoney – all these are your guilty pleasures.
7. Blogville – you joined blogville not really knowing why you were adding more to your load but you’ve met great people!
8. Michelle Obama,Miriam Makeba, Lil Wayne, Tyler Perry, 9ice, Psquare, Beyonce, Kofi Anan, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Ekene Onu, Chris Rock, Isaac Hayes, Keyshia Cole - You raved either about them or their work at some point this year!
8. Handwritten Letter, Cute shoes, Chanel watch,Nintendo Wii - some of things on your Christmas Wishlist, and what you'd value most would be the letter, how I know you yearn to receive a letter not an email/text/facebook message but a letter that would make you laugh/cry, emotional words on paper!!
These moments and more happened in 2008, but you made it thus far. So as much as you might be disappointed that you didn’t achieve all the goals set, be proud of those that you achieved, still dream big, still have faith and keeping believing in yourself. Do share this advice I'm giving you with others. You didn’t listen to me sometimes, you know you’re stubborn, but I must say you didn’t disappoint me much. As the cold wind brushes your face, take it in, its your loved ones sending you a kiss. Keeping loving you Shona, and gurl do you!!!
Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.
The Voice Within
PS: The last post was actually 'fiction', didn't happen, as in I didn't get some..as to whether it ever happened in the past...I plead the fifth!!lol..to those who were envious, sorry folks maybe next time..lol..That was an edited extract from 'London Tears'..Take care guys and as always Happy Sexing xoxo